You Should Stop will be playing in SF at Another Hole in the Head on Sunday, December 15th. I’m super excited that the film gets a festival run here in the Bay, and doubly excited that it’s poised to sell out a month and a half before it even goes up! =D The film was scored by me, and even includes one song by The Hangover Brigade.
The Hangover Brigade is The Deli Magazine’s SF artist of the month for October!
Thanks for voting for us, we really appreciate it!
My score for When in Doubt has been called “intriguing” by SF Weekly, and “hypnotic” by the Huffington Post! (Another paper called it “distracting”, though, so I’m 2 for 3. Meatloaf would say that ain’t bad.)
I also get some studio time with the band to record a few songs this weekend, which I’m really looking forward to.
This weekend, one of my collaborations with Post:Ballet will be showing at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. The show, “Four Plays”, will be performed Thurs-Fri, July 18 & 19. I’m delighted and honored to get to be part of Post:Ballet’s fourth home season, and especially to get my music played at YBCA’s swanky Lam Research Theater, which I didn’t think would happen until I turned at least 40 or so. We even got a preview piece in the Huffington Post! (That’s another awesome point in the interblogtoobworld.)
Now that my work with the ballet is in its final push, I get to turn my attention to the score of Big Driver, which is currently in post-production, on its way to the silver screen.
Work with The Hangover Brigade is proceeding swimmingly, as well. We’ve got a handful of shows coming up at Club 23 in Brisbane, as well as Milk Bar and the Monarch in SF. We’ve also recently posted videos of a couple new songs, and there are more on our YouTube page:
No Diggity (omg yes)
Hope your summer is going well! Mine sure is! =D
And they’ve even tagged me. Gay cred: +1.
This is going to be a long post, so bullet points are my new best friend.
- I’m delighted to announce that I’ll be scoring an adaptation of Stephen King’s story Big Driver this summer! I’d love it if you went and watched the pitch and trailer over on the FB page, or at BigDriverMovie.com today. In the blink of an eye, we’ve already raised over $5k, and we would love any support you could offer for a very exciting and ambitious summer project.
- One of my previous films, You Should Stop, recently screened in SF. I’m very proud of that film, and it was a delight to finally get to see it on the silver screen.
- We’re playing a show Friday, April 19th at The Hotel Utah, where we’ll be debuting a couple new songs & covers.
- Tawnee & I recently recorded a duo-version of our new sexy song, “Any Way I Can Get It”, which you can stream & download for free right here:
- And here’s a video of the whole band doing the same song at Cafe Du Nord last year:
- We’ve also started posting cover songs to our Youtube page…
“Call it Off” by Tegan & Sara
“I’ve Got This Friend” by The Civil Wars
- Tawnee also got some TV time to talk about the band:
- And finally, here’s a little love song I wrote & recorded last fall:
Post:Ballet has commissioned me to score their new work this season, titled “When in Doubt”. It premieres this weekend, July 20-21, at the Herbst Theatre.
The SF Chronicle has generously done an interview and write-up of our piece in advance of its world premiere, and the California Literary Review also has a nice interview with Choreographer Robert Dekkers.
Here’s a sneak peek of the score for you:
And here’s a sample of past work we’ve done together:
I’m playing with Tawnee Kendall & The Hangover Brigade this Saturday at Martuni’s starting at 5pm.
Second, we’ll be on Radio Valencia (87.9 FM) this Thursday, May 24, 8 PM on Baghdad by the Bay.
Most excitingly, we’ll be releasing our EP In Between Spaces at Cafe Du Nord on Saturday, May 26! We’ll be playing with Cassandra Farrar & The Left Brains, Dad’s LP’s, and Blisses B. (The day after Alma Desnuda, to boot!)